Here are the procurement blogs I have on my current reading list
- http://www.spendmatters.com Where I go for industry analysis. And some entertaining banter.
- http://blog.sourcinginnovation.com Where I go for in depth dissection of offerings in the market place.
These are without a doubt the top 2 blogs in the space. Top 2 in terms of quality and quantity. Read these blogs first; anything of burning significance will end up on one of these two sooner or later.
Blogs allied to a particular vendor/service provider.
- http://www.esourcingforum.com Iasta’s blog and definitely a good one. David Bush walks a fine line between making the blog a true forum for all things supply chain, and running a corporate mouthpiece
- http://www.purchasingcourses.com/purchasingcertificationblog.html Next Level Purchasing’s blog covers training – always a good read
- http://www.mfgx.com/blogs/mfgx MFG.com’s blog. Mainly manufacturing. (Incidentally they changed their servers recently so any old RSS subscriptions you have via http://www.mfgx.com/blog/index.cfm will now be broken)
- http://www.2sustain.com/ Aravo’s blog (Supplier Enablement company with a green streak)
- http://purchasingtransformation.ibxeurope.com/ IBX’s blog
- http://www.strategicsourceror.com/ SourceOne’s blog. These are the guys who provide WhyAbe.
- http://www.supplyexcellence.com Ariba’s blog with apparently pretty high traffic. Note to Tim: Please can you make it more obvious that this is the Ariba blog. To the casual observer it isn’t obvious that this is the Ariba blog. Purely in terms of Ariba logo usage on the screen the casual observer might think that SpendMatters is more closely allied to Ariba than Supply Excellence.
- http://www.esourcingplace.com And mine of course. Much as I would like to consider myself un-biased I do work for TradingPartners so that is bound to affect my views.
General supply chain commentary
- http://tcummins.wordpress.com/ Tim Cummins (IACCM) takes a broad view from both a buyer’s and supplier’s perspective
Other specialist blogs (dare I call them niche?)
- http://vmo-blog.com/ Without a doubt this is one of the best blogs out there right now. Definitely, definitely worth a read for people in the procurement space.
- http://www.licensinghandbook.com/blog/ Contract negotation
- http://www.agmetalminer.com/ Metals
- http://at-scm.com/ Irregular but interesting
- http://muchosalsa.com/blog/ A gentleman from HP who is planning on building his own business in the supply chain space
Ones that I enjoyed but seem to have tailed off in recent months. Watch them if they come back
- http://360vendormanagement.com/ Outsourcing blog
- http://www.massin.nl/eSourcing Occasional comments on the European sourcing industry
The various magazines also have their own blogs/RSS feeds. I distinguish between a blog which by its nature is more immediate and informal and an RSS feed of magazine articles. The blogs in my list right now are:
- Procurement Leaders http://blog.procurementleaders.com/procurement-blog/
- Supply Management http://www.supplymanagement.com/EDIT/BLOG/default.asp
- Purchasing.com Has a range of blogs http://www.purchasing.com/blogs.html
From what I can tell S&DC Exec and CPO Agenda don’t (yet) offer blogs.